Wednesday, August 20, 2008

happy-day-your-only-ESTIMATED-to-be-due-day!!!!

Yup, here we are. Forty weeks under my belt (literally) and baby Seth is still as cozy as ever. Went in this morning for my last appt. and there has been STILL NO PROGRESSION!!! Ya know what tho, I really don't care at this point. I have my induction for friday morning with the doctor whom i love (Dr. Jones) and my house is clean, last load of laundry done, painted toes, bags officially packed and childcare taken care of...whew! Im ready! I just have this feeling that even if I were to wait till 41 weeks, I would still have to be induced. I feel he will go no where on his own. I still am told by my doctors that my labor should go smoothly, given i am already progressed with a favorable cervix, but i do understand that there is always a risk in this situation. Please pray that the baby does well and so do I. Pray that I don't let fear overtake my thoughts and all the ''what-ifs''. God has a GOOD plan for this baby and I, and I really need to trust that He has what's best for us on friday. I have been a little weepy these last days knowing that life is about to change forever. I love my Jacob sooo much and wonder how in the world i am going to love Seth as much. I know these are my final moments with jake and i am really trying to not spend all of them crying and telling him how much i love him, because he tends to look at me like i've gone nuts and tries to console me. I am trying to have fun and get in some last reading on the couch cuddle time. God has blessed us so incredibly much and we are so undeserving of the two little boys we are about to have, I know His grace will flow abundantly in the challenging moments of the next few weeks and I will be taught more and more what it means to be sanctified to look more and more like HIM. Oh, I am so excited to finally meet my little one whose been bruising my insides every night at 11:00 and get to hold and look at the eyes of another undeserved blessing.
I probably won't post again till I'm home but I know my blog readers aren't that many, so most likely you will be called or get a call from someone else when Seth is born. When I get home hopefully Sunday I will try to post pics and stuff. Thanks for your many prayers!!!!!

8 comments:

3orange1blonde said...

thanks for posting..I'm waiting on pins and needles!!

Wagener family fun said...

I can not wait to see your new little baby boy. I will be praying for your safe delivery and Gods abundant grace during these next couple of weeks and months.

Take care,
Shawna

Erin said...

You're going to do great, Meghann! I remember having the same "anticipation fears," and I was so concerned for Anna too. It really does work out, even if it takes a few months. Brooke is 5 months now, and already everyone has "settled in" and all the difficult transitions seem like a distant memory! Definitely press into the Lord in the next few months--and lean on your man, you're going to need them both! Love you girl!

Lindsay said...

We will be praying Meghann! So excited, can't wait,to hear the great news:) We all have those "can I love another one" feelings. But you know what, they are each so uniquely created by God that you will absolutely fall in love all over again with each one. You'll see things in Jake that you've never seen before and marvel at the way God has just created Seth.
Love you!

Unknown said...

I can really relate to the emotional part of knowing your days alone with your firstborn are coming to an end. I actually grieved losing my days with just Josh and me right before Isaiah was born. There is a death of one season and beginning of another.

I'll be praying for you (and Dr Jones...SO glad you have him!) and looking forward to seeing some precious pictures soon!

3orange1blonde said...

One thing I was thinking a lot about today for you was how we need to be real with where we are at. I'm not talking about wallowing (sp?) in our own self pity, but I'm talking about being in tune with what God is doing in your heart so that you can stop the world around you for moments here and there and be real. There isn't an example in scripture where those folks are "fake". What was the woman's name in the old testament that went to the mountain to grieve her sons death's and stayed there forever..like months. Not a great example of a story, but I do know that God wants real. He wants us to go to HIM first..cry out and beg him for grace, mercy, whatever it may be. He sees and hears and REALLY WANTS THE REAL YOU!! He created this situation for you and altho you get a really big present out of it, make sure you stop and keep being real. Cry, laugh, just take this time to get to know God better too...get to know sides of our Father that you can hold onto well into Seth's grown up life. Your heart will grow to love Seth in ways that will never be touched by James, Jake or even your dad. It's such a privilege and unique experience..and you'll see little things Seth does and likes that will be "all" you or "all" James, or even "all" Jake!! I think you are doing well being honest and vulnerable (not like you need my approval/praise) just statin the obvious. O.k. long post, but sometimes it's necessary. YOU CAN DO IT CHILD OF GOD!!!!

Courtney said...

Love, love, love Dr. Jones. Good luck! I look forward to the pictures :)

Anonymous said...

I saw this and thought of your boys:

"There's no other love like the love for a brother.
There's no other love like the love from a brother." -- Astrid Alauda

I'm so happy for your family - and Jake, you're in for tons of fun buddy!