Thursday, August 28, 2008

Birth Story ....finally

Hey all, Just thought I'd write a little about details of Seth's birth and life now in general. Boring stuff for some of you:) I am trying to find the time to get some more pics of the little guy on the blog.

As you all know, We went in Friday morning to be induced, Never haveing done that before, I was still a little concerned with how my body was going to react to making this baby come out. I was hooked up to pitocin at 7:30 am with a little crying because i wanted to see my doctor first. He was busy doing a c-section and I was used to haveing a midwife constantly caring for me. Anyhow, things were going smoothly and i wasn't feeling many contractions so they kept bumping it up and at 10:00 the doctor broke my water. From then on, I was in pain! The pitocin was horrible! So I finally asked for my epidural and low and behold, I was like number 4 in line to get it...ughh. At 11;00 I got my beloved epi and all was well. I enjoyed my jello and popscicles and started feeling a little queasy when I started watching ''the view''......that show was more painful to watch than my pitocin contractions:) I sent my mom out for lunch shorty after thinking this was going to take forever...i had been once again stuck at 4cm. for a long time, I called the nurse in around 1;30 because I felt a lot of pressure and felt totally sure the epi was wearing off, and we COULD NOT have that happen, she checked me and said''honey your fully dialated!'' I then started profusely crying because I was so excited it was finally time to see my sweet baby!!!! I wanted to push so badly but they had to ''find'' my doctor!!!So at 2:oo he came in and I pushed till 2:14 and with no pain at all, my seth was born!!!!

Recover went well too. Seth started breastfeeding great from day 1. He was very healthy and had very low levels of biliirubin. Our rooms were very small and for a lot of reasons the morning after we wanted to be at home. So, they said all was well and discharged us the next afternoon. Jake had visited us in the hospital on saturday and the visit did not go as i had expected. I missed him so badly , I have only been away from him for 3 days once in his life. He came in and was so fearful of me and james and started crying for his ''maw-maw''. He wanted nothing to do with us....that really made me upset and a little fearful of what was to come. After luring him to me with a brownie, he started warming up to me and acting like his crazy self again. I think me in the hospital bed and the sterile room was a new scary sight to him. He hugged and kissed seth a lot at his visit too. The picture of Seth with all the monitor things on his face was the standard hearing test they give all babies. They did everything in the room. That is the new policy there, mother's keep babies 24/7. There were some things i liked and didn't like about that. I really think we might consider delivering somewhere else nexttime if Northeast does't expand there rooms like most other hospitals have. Keeping two adults and a baby in that cracker box room for 48 hours was not my idea of relaxing:)

Overall, I was really happy about the whole birthing experience. A little more painful than with Jake but still a mostly enjoyable experience. My ultimate expectation and hopes was to just have a healthy baby:) It was just as amazing to see and hold my sweet baby Seth as it was with Jake. We really felt the Lord's presence their in the room with us that day. He was so kind to give us a safe delivery and the most beautiful baby in the world!


oh, and the pic of all the wires on Seth was the standard hearing test they give all newborns, they usually do that in the nursery but since it is a ''koala care'' hospital, they did that in our rooms.

No comments: