Monday, July 7, 2008

Pregnancy updates




34 week belly



I just realized I have not written much about this pregnancy....and it's almost over!!! I can't believe I have only 6 weeks left!
I am getting very anxious to meet this little guy, he is already different from his brother in that he moves ALL OF THE TIME!!!! And he still seems so small. I was much bigger with Jake at this point. I have been very blessed to not be sick or too uncomfortable this pregnancy. I have kept the same schedule (plus a few more naps) that I have always had, so nothing really looks different in my day. I think that I sometimes do TOO MUCH, not wanting to use ''pregnancy'' as an excuse, and then finding myself over exhausted and lacking control over my hormones at the end of the day. So it has been a challenge to know when to slow down and change things up in my day to better serve my family and I. That brings me to my emotions....wow! It all started a month or so ago, this bomb of hormones that seemed so incredibly overwhelming. Crying just because. Extreme lack of patience over the smallest of things and just a general fighting hour by hour for joy. James has been so faithful to allow me to cry on him and yet reminding me all the while that I serve a God that is full of grace and DEEPLY desires to comfort me in these times and is never to busy to handle the concerns of my heart, as seemingly small and hormonal as they are. I am so freshly aware of my need for My Father. I am so inadequate to handle ANYTHING on my own and it is through times like these that my relationship deepens with the Lord as I plead for help to battle the war of hormones, doubts, anxiety's within me. I know He will continue to pour out his comfort and encouragement on me these next 6 weeks and probably even more grace when baby Seth comes. Good thing His grace never ''runs up'':)
On to happier news.....
the baby room is almost done!!! My sister in law is coming this week to finish the bedding. We were given a beautiful diamond-in-the-rough round baby crib that needed major work. Well, after hours and hours and weekends of my handy man husband working on it...the end result is simply beautiful!!!!!! We refinished it black along with the changing table. I will post those pics soon. I still feel like I have a lot to do to get ready for this little one, yet I know I still have plenty of time left. As I have more news I will post, my doctor's visits will soon start to tell me something more exciting i'm sure!!!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

You look beautiful! Not too much longer! Can't wait to meet your little baby!