Monday, July 7, 2008

Jake Updates




This is Jake playing hide and seek under the table...not a very good hiding spot! The other is proof positive of us trying to work on table manners:)




These last 3 weeks have been full of challenges and surprises in the hasty house. With my grandmother suffering a major heart-attack and needing an emergency quadruple bypass resulting in taking Jake to Asheville with me, Him having a looong bout of fevers and emergency car repair bills on both our cars that could rival lottery winnings...;) And James uncle given only 2 months to live due to cancer spreading all through his body.......it has been a....season. With that to say, my little man has been SUCH A JOY!!!!! He has been his usual sweet, energetic self even when he had 103 degree temperatues! We have really felt the Lord's kindness through our little trooper these last weeks! I look forward to seeing his sweet ''sleepy'' face when I get him up in the morning and hearing him say''hi'' to everything in his room..one by one. He thinks everything is ''pitty''-pretty-...and is becoming quite the social busy bee. There is not person at Target he won't pass without waving to and saying HEYYYYYYY! We are really working on staying in the shopping cart in stores, otherwise he will take off in the direction of the nearest person to socialize. He is now pointing to my belly saying''babbbyyy'' over and over..hmmm...maby he IS getting it? We have moved him to the table in a booster chair, with that has come early lessons in table manners. Every meal is a new opporunity to explain why he can't pour his yogurt on his head or take chewed food back out of his mouth just to re-eat...yuck! He does love being a part of our conversations though, chiming in with us, understanding 30% of what he is so emphatically trying to saying to us:)
He has taken a new interest in coloring and play-doh and to my surprise, sat for a full 45 minutes playing with his array of colors of play-doh. He begs to sit and watch me cook every evening, it has stretched my cooking time and my patience but has proven to even more be a sweet, sweet time together. He helps me to measure and stir and of course, taste!
James found an onion and squash piece in his coffee canister that was filled with coffee. Jake has apparently snuck some pieces in when I didn't see him and James noticed the next day his coffee tasted funky.....:) Jake still loves anything that has to do with matchbox cars, trains, curious george, dogs, balls, pool time, and ice cream. I guess the ever typical little boy!
I think i am done for now, James just asked me if I was writing a book:)

4 comments:

The Nilsen Nest said...

Sad I have to read your blog to find out what's new with you :( I've been meaning to call but I'm trying to unload from 2 weeks of being away from home, I'm sure you understand. Sorry to hear about the sicknesses, that's too bad. My prayers are with you and your families. We'll talk soon!

Erin said...

I'm so sorry! It sounds like you are having such a great attitude about all these tough things going on in your life right now--and while pregnant! You're doing an amazing job!

3orange1blonde said...

You did NOT do a good job about that little "fatty" picture. I'm really disappointed..are you SURE you're about to pop? I mean look at that little teeny waistline!! Phew girl! I better not hear a PEEP outa you. You'll probably go early and squirt out a little 5 pounder or something! Some girls got it all! I'm teasing of course and really, really enjoy your posts. Thanks for the pix even tho it's not really up to my standards. heee

3orange1blonde said...

HEY YOU!! I see how many days left and I just cannot believe it! I'm praying..I'm praying!