Monday, August 27, 2007






On Saturday we had Jake's birthday party. He is not officially 1 till the 30th. Everything went over very well! He did exceptionally well considering he has getting over being sick.
The jumpy things were all borrowed from my sister-in-law. She was such a huge help with supplying almost all of the decor and paper products(she does a lot of parties!) I would love to take the credit for the awesome cake but........she did that too! Lalena is so generous and extremely helpful! We invited Jake's little buddies and some friends and relatives and it seemed to be just right for our little house/garage.
Jake LOVED his cake! I had to take it away from him after 15 min of continuous eating! I'm sure he was a bit woozy! Thanks again to the Pennells for staying after and offering to help clean up! That was a HUGE blessing!
Many people have asked how i am doing with Jake turning one. Honestly, with James sick, Jake sick and the party, i haven't thought much on it...yet.
I have a lot to come before the Lord with here lately. I'm overwhelmed with God's kindness to our little family, not just for my little Jake but for so much more. It has been very evident that His hand has been guiding us, protecting us and strengthening us as a family over the last year.
So I hope to take these next few days and really reflect on this last year of mommyhood and.....will get back to you all! enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Meghann- Looks like the party was a sucess! I love all the pictures. So sad we had to miss it! Happy almost B-day Jake!!

Hannah said...

Jake was such a cute pirate. I loved watching him eat his cake. I'm hoping Isaiah will be as enthusiastic at his birthday. We were blessed to be able to celebrate with you.