Sunday, July 1, 2007

Little man






Not much new around here lately. Some great news though, I am having way more ''good'' days with my back pain! I really feel like the Lord is giving me so much grace in this area and alleviating a lot of the pain. Some days are worse than others but the worst pain is NOTHING to what it was. Even on those bad days I have to remind myself again and again that even those times are ordained by the Lord for MY GOOD! Oh and how good it can be to know that my father DESIRES to have me run to him when I am broken and tempted to despair! That he CARES about something really so small as one of his children's hurt back! It is often through trials that I grow so much in my faith. But this is a reminder as well that I still have a lot of growing to do in how fervently i pursue him in the quiet, happy...no trials seasons of life.
Jake is 10 months old now! I can't believe it! 4 teeth and some more cutting through. We have been going to a lot of pools lately and he loves it! I used to take the kids i nannied for to mommy/baby swim classes so i do a lot of that with Jake. i have been putting him under the water and praising him a lot when he comes up. The teacher showed us how to do it with minimal water in the nose. He seems a little shocked at first and then smiles.! It is still hard to believe that I get to play with him everyday and go do fun things like the pool and not have to give him back at 6:00! I've nannied for seven years so everyday STILL feels like a huge blessing to have my very own little boy!Yet I might say that the romanticized ideas of cleaning my house everyday has faded quickly!

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

Meghann,
I love your perspective on motherhood! You make it look attractive. Also, praise God that your back is improving!

Denise said...

You must have been a great nannie, and yes what a blessing to have your own little boy now! :) I'm so glad to hear about your back improving!!

Rebecca said...

You'll have to show me your tricks for water fun with babies. When did you start dunking Jake? I love the recent pictures....he is growing up! (bittersweet, I know.) Love you!