Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Dedication


John praying over us

James mom and dad
Jake had his dedication at church on Sunday. Like Dana, I did not hear much of what was said by our pastor due to one little man's desire to be napping:) But it was a great day in that James and i got the opportunity to publicly announce before our church family that this child, this immense blessing, is truly the Lord's child and that He has entrusted us as his parents to raise him in the wisdom and instruction of the Lord. We are so blessed as well to have dedicated our little Jake among a family of believer's who have cared for us so well these last 4 years, and whom we know that in this huge responsibility and blessing of parenting, they will continue to speak into our lives with encouragement, prayer, humble correction and love.


This was James first father's day as well. We gave him a fun card and the ''The dangerous book for boys.'' Right up James alley! I know he is so excited to do most of the ideas in the book, yet it will be awhile.


Just a prayer request - my back has been continually hurting since the car accident and I have been on mild muscle relaxers for a week now. It doesn't hurt that much when I take them but when it wears off I really feel it. I had been going to the chiropractor and after a visit 2 weeks ago I almost felt paralyzed! I could not bend over or pick Jake up. that is when I went to the doc. and she said my muscles were inflamed....anyhow. I am praying for complete healing and not to have to take the medicine continuously. The chiropractor is quite expensive to go to so please keep my back in your prayers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

All of these pictures are so precious. And I have to say....You slimmed down to next to nothing! I'm very impressed! I'll be praying about your back. Thanks for sharing that.

nickswan said...

James,

I love that sweaty shirt, baby. Whew!!

Nick

meghann said...

What can I say...I'm a hot dude. I didn't even think about it during worship while lifting my arms. I bet I grossed out a lot of people. Oh well, a little humiliation is good for me.

James "Pits" Hasty