Tuesday, March 27, 2007

rollin..rollin..rollin....

Yesterday was a very exciting day in the Hasty household! Jake has been occasionally rolling over in his bed but not very often and not in view of us. But he now will be on his belly and just roll over so easily like he's been doing it forever! I'll lay him down and he'll turn over and start laughing and smiling at me, but he needs my help to get back over.......so cute......and he tried to take a bit of a scoot/crawl in his bed yesterday as well....he's definitely wanting to be on the go more.So two big gifts he gave his mommy yesterday! I was so amazed at how thrilled I was! He's been a little slow in that department but seems to be just taking his time....I have to try not to compare with other kids his age. I know life will be a little more challenging once he is mobile ,but there are so many fun, exciting things that go along with him learning to crawl! I guess in every season of your childrens lives you can either be focused on the challenges that are to come, or you can focus on the positive things that come with each new stage of your little ones....remembering they are still your little gifts from God! So, in saying that, you will all have to enquire how my heart is soon in the midst of ''no touch'' all day long! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought crawling was a great stage. - They aren't able to reach everything and they are usally more content since they can move around. I'm glad you are focusing on the positive!!!

Also, don't let this scare you, but now that we are going through things with Wesley I realize I probably could have paid more attention to his development sooner because he was showing red flags since he was a baby. Its always wise to pay attention, and yet at the same time to resist fear and trust the Lord, and 9 times out of 10 everything is okay. www.firstsigns.org

Rebecca said...

How exciting, Meghann! Jake is growing so quickly. I appreciate your perspective on change...it's so easy to want to jump ahead, isn't it? I love you and will see you in a few weeks! (we'll be in town mid april).