Tuesday, March 10, 2009

seth's MRI results

i have not written for a while i know...even been too busy to take pictures: (

Seth's results from his MRI came today. He is missing some of his anterior corpus collosum. The Doctor will consult with others to see the next course of action but more than likely it will be a wait and see approach, just keeping an eye on his development, since he is so far developing great! I need to also ask about any vision problems he might have and what to do next. She also said that there may never be any signs of anything wrong..time will only tell.
Please pray that I (we) are aware of his development but not fearful and questioning every.little.thing. I did that too much with Jake...comparing....and I feel like that robbed me a little of my joy when he was younger. So and so just did this......is there something wrong?.etc..... Anyone around Jake now for a split second knows that he is a normal 2 yr. old boy....all that wasted time worrying!!!!!!

Thank you so much for all the inquiries as to how we are doing. We honestly have felt a peace that I know I can't explain...a peace that only my great God can give us. God made my baby boy perfect, ''knitting him together'' in my womb! If that perfect means we might have to work with him a little more on certain things in the future...that is fine with us. What a blessing he has been to us!!!! I will post again when the doctors call me back about what to do next.


We are thanking the Lord for what we would consider a good outcome!!!! Thank you all for your prayers!!!!!

7 comments:

3orange1blonde said...

good. and great attitude. wow. I admire you!

Unknown said...

Wow. Meghan, I am so in awe of your faith these days. It is such a wonderful blessing. I will pray for you all.The neat thing about trials they can strengthen our families and help us grow closer to the Lord. Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that there was indeed an abnormality. :( But I will be praying that he will be symptom-free!! And also for you and James to find that balance between being wise, watchful, and proactive but not fearful.

Spirit of Adoption said...

You aren't wasting this news!!! You are glorifying HIM and trusting in HIM and HIS perfect plan! Praise God for His sufficient grace!!!

Denise said...

Meghann - Why did Seth need an MRI??? I did a little reading and I think I understand some of what could be the issues with missing that, but what gave you the idea to get one? Were there things you were worried about? I feel really bad for not knowing the answers to these questions, I'm sorry I've not been in the loop obviously.

I am praying for you to have faith and be joyful enough for fear to lost any of its power over you... Believe me it's a battle I face often enough! I know what you mean about it robbing you of your joy. God can have power over it, which I pray will be what happens in your life.

Love ya! Praying for a GOOD outcome!

(and thank you for your comments on my blog... I guess I do worry what people will think when they hear this or that about our childrearing choices, but thank you for the reminder that I don't have to "defend" us... lol, I need that!!!)

JJandFive said...

Thank you for the update, Meghann. You're truly honoring the Lord in all of this.
How can we serve you guys?

The Brown Family said...

We will continue to pray and it will be a joy to see how the Lord works this for good! May His glorious grace continue to carry you my friend and may His Truth continue to be your shield! He is mighty at work :).